Sree Mookambika Vidyanikethan, Ambalavatta, Mannarkkad
Nineteenth Annual Report for the year ending 2015-16.
Respected President Sri N.P.Raman Nambeesan, honourable members of the Managing Committee, Distinguished guests of the august function Prof. M.Velayudhankutty,Sri. T.Harilal, parents, teachers and other distinguished persons on the dias, A very good evening to one and all. Let me place before you my resume and Annual report of the school for the academic year 2015 – 16 for approval.
1. Sree Mookambika Vidyanikethan made a humble beginning in 1997 in a small rented house
With 10 Primary students and 2 teachers was affiliated to Bharatheeya Vidyanikethan, Kerala. As years rolled , it has grown into a High School with affiliation of CBSE in 2010 on 4.33 acre of prime land with more than 12,000 sq.ft. of built up area 7 transport vehicles and other fringe facilities. All these assets are by contributions from well-wishers.
2. The existing student strength of the school is 585. The strength of the service staff is 38. The Pre-KG class was introduced this year. The school activities begin with prayer programme from 9.00 to 9:30 am. The prarthana sabha comprises the Traditional prayer to Godess Saraswathy , Pranayama yoga and meditation practises. It is to be specially mentioned that Bhagavat geetha hymns, subhashitham are being taught in all classes.
3. As expected, this year also, when the results of the Grade X were published, our school secured 100% success. This was possible only due to the concerted and continuous tutelage of the staff and remarkable response recieved by them from their wards.
4. As you are well aware of, we commence classes for grades IX and X in May itself. Special Time Table is structured for the purpose. This facilitates completion of portions sufficiently early so that their FAI examinations can be held from the middle of June. This process has been tested and found to be fruitful in the previous years as well.
5. Acute awareness of our inherited natural assets as mountains, forests, rivers, the flora and fauna of the motherland and commitment to safeguard them is absolutely essential for the children. A variety of actvities were programmed and successfully carried out this year.
On 23rd of May, Nakshathramaram programme was held with active participation of Adakkapputhoor Samskrithi, Ast.DFO. Sri. Mohanakrishnan inaugurated the function, were Bharatheeya vidyanikethan Palakkad District president Sri Prakash Kurumappally was present. Birth-star saplings (Janmanakshthramaram) were planted along the school boundary.
World Environment Day was observed on June 5th Dr Valsala Kumari, ENT specialist was the chief guest. Children were asked to bring medicinal plants and flowering plants too to be planted within the campus under the supervision of the teachers.
6. The school organizes 4 student clubs, Language club, Maths club, Nature club and Social club. The four clubs were formally inaugurated in the second week of June. Under the auspices of the clubs, a variety of individual as well as team activities like quizes, Spell-bee, chart-making, debates, seminars, powerpoint presentations symposia, exhibhition etc. are being conducted day today. The clubs have healthy competition between them also and the overall points will be announced in this function.
7. The election for the student offices were conducted on June 18. Aswin Ram of std IX was elected as School leader and P.S..Siddarth of std X was elected as General Captain.
8. In accordance with the directions of the Central Government , the International Yoga Day was celebrated at school. Mannarkkad M.L.A. Sri.N. Shamsudheen inaugurated the proceedings. Swami Swaroopananda declared open the Mookambika Yoga Centre in the campus. Yoga is the only viable answer for modern life-style diseases. Our yoga centre offered one week free yoga-treatment for diabetes as part of enlightening programme.
9. As done in the previous year, civil services aptitude tests for freshers were conducted on June 19 and 20. The civil service coaching classes under the Vias academy, Kottayam continue to be held in the school campus.
10. As usual, the school maintains its enviable position in Games , sports and athletics.
a. In chess 6 students got selection for state participation .
b. In Yoga, we got overall first in District level and 5 children reached the state level.
c. In badminton, 3 students got up to state level.
d. In district level in Sports, we got overall third and Global Krishna of std 8 got 2nd place in the state athletic meet.
e. In Kalamela we attained III overall points.
f. Siddarth K.B of class 7 got 2 prizes in state level competition one in bharathanatyam and other in nadodinirtham, Saran Krishna of class 8 has secured 2nd prize in Hindi recitation and his team won 3rd in MIME competition Aswin Ram and Siddarth N also recieved prizes.
g. This year we hosted the District Science festival. The science festivity was inaugurated by our own former student Sri Sandeep, now a post-graduate researcher in ISRO. Our students got overall II place in the festival, were Akshay K.P and Amal K.P got 3rd prize in Workexperiance competition in State level.
h. In Karate state lelvel competitions conducted by the Kerala Sports Council Havin.K.H of standard X and Jothsna Ram of standard VII have achieved second places in Katha in their respective Black-belt categories.
11. Dear Parents, Accademic , social and cultural activities are part and parcel of modern education and we are commited to imparting asthetic, histrionic and traditional instructions too to your children. All important days as reading day, independance day,Onam celebrations, anti drugs day, sanskrit day, national youth day etc.were celebrated.
12. A residential two-day camp for students 7 to 10 was organized under the auspices of the Sambodh foundation Palakkad and the Samskarika samithi of the school. Sampoojya Swami Adhyathamananda inaugurated the camp. He also delivered keynote addresses and conducted study classes for campers , parents, and the general public.
13. Sri P.R.Parameswaran, our academician and President of the Samskarikasamithi has sponsored building up of a permanent stage for the school.
14. The Sisuvatika camp for one day was organised in the school on 11.12.2015. This was the first time the little ones camp away from their parents and it was surprising that the chilldren enjoyed the stay from home in the night.
15. Student study tours are being conducted as usual. Two tours, one for the primary classes and the other for the High school are conducted separately.
16. I’ve great pleasure to report you that the school collected Rs. 13645 for the Chennai flood relief fund. For BVN sevanidhi, the school contribution was Rs. 38210/-
17. The school General Parent Teacher Assossiation has met thrice this year and the parents and teachers has exchanged their options for the better performances of the students.
18. Achiev ement to mention :
I’m proud to report that Aswin Ram, the IX grade student of the school won the CBSE Expression Series national competition for students of classes 9 to 12 on Atal Bihari Vajpayee . Aswin is entitled to a certificate of excellence for his performance the and a cash award of Rs 2500 as duly declared by the CBSE.
Hand in glove with Oisca international, Jappan, we are maintaining a Vidyavanam project in the premises. The campaign meetings are attended by Sri. Sivaprasad, our teacher. Its happy to share with you that we could able to recieve an appreciation letter from Japan for the commandable work that the students have done for the project. Mathrubhumi seed programme has selected our school as a primary contingent .
19. Conclusion: Development plans for additional infrastructure are well under way. The Management fervently seeks help and co-operation in monetary and other fields. I am afraid that I have taken too much of your time. Bear with me. I remain,